Search this blog


Home About Contact
Friday, June 6, 2008

Read only when you have the time  

1) Blood Donation

OK… I didn’t manage to donate any blood as the nurses there told me that I will need at least 2 to 3 months of rest after my tooth extraction. So…… Have to wait till I’m feeling very brave to do it.

2) Bangkok Trip: 16 May to 19 May

My trip to Bangkok (BKK) was 10 years ago and it really feels great to come back again and this time on Free and Easy with my sis. Though I felt that it was kind of expensive to pay around S$600++ for a 4D3N F&E but come to think about it. The trip was over weekends and a PH. So I guess it should be ok.

Day 1:

Caught a super early morning flight. Got to wake like 3 am to wash up and we must leave the house at 4am.

Reached BKK at around 11 pm (SIN time), left the airport at around 12 noon due to waiting of some other passengers.

Reach our hotel, Centrepoint Petchburi 15, at around 1 pm. Still can’t check in as their local time was 12 noon. So we left our luggage with them and went out to source for our lunch. Had buffet lunch at First Hotel. Food not bad and it costed us Baht440 for 2. Cheap de lor! After lunch, we went scouting around the vicinity.


1st stop: Platinum Shopping Center. All I can say is WOW!!!!!! We controlled ourselves and didn’t spend a single baht as it was the 1st day of the trip. Didn’t to drain the pockets that fast. This place sells lots of clothing, women’s, men’s, children’s, etc. And if you buy 3 pieces and above, you can enjoy wholesale price.

2nd stop: Four Face Buddha near World Trade Centre aka Central World. We almost lost our way as the maps gotten from various places indicated different major landmarks. I.e.: You can find World Trade Center in 1 Map and you can’t locate it in other map. Conclusion: Get all the maps you can from airport, hotels, etc. And we became carrots when we were buying the offerings for the Buddha. OMG!!! I was charged S$35 per person for the offerings. I can buy a lot of offering in Singapore with the same amount of $$$ lor…. But since it was a long time that I had made my offerings, so never mind lor……..

After we had made our offerings, went back to check in. Rest a while before we head out again to Suam Lam Night Market.

It was our very 1st virgin experience of riding a TUKTUK!!!!!!


It’s so exciting! We may appear smiling in the pictures but actually our hands were grabbing tightly onto the railings within our reach. Shopped a little and had dinner there before we took another Tuktuk ride back to hotel to rest.


Day 2:

Went to Chakuchak via Bus 11 (walking) and their MRT as some of my colleagues mentioned that taxi drivers and Tuktuk drivers will charge high price. Unwilling to spend money that’s not worth; we decided to use their public transport.


Chakuchak is huge and I mean really HUGE!!!!! We didn’t manage to comb the entire market as most of our time we are walking in circles. The place is a gigantic maze. Plus we also forgot to prepare the map of Chakuchak. Sad! I didn’t manage to get to the pet’s area. L We went to hotel around 4pm as our legs were already starting their riots on us.

Super Tired that we just off our clothes and jump onto the bed!


Took a nice shower and nap before dipping into the hotel’s Jacuzzi and pool.

After that, we went out trying out Thai massage at a massage parlor nearby. After massage, had room service for dinner.


Day 3:

Instead of continuing to comb Chakuchak, we decided to visit Siam Paragon, Siam Centre, MBK. 1st stop: Siam Paragon. When I 1st stepped into Siam Paragon, I saw this sign about the Underwater World. I had been to the Malaysia’s and decided to go for the Thailand’s.

Oh my! I didn’t regret my decision. Although the ticket costed about S$33.00 (Baht 750), it includes 1 M-sized Pepsi, free boat ride and a 4-D show!

1st we toured around the place and I would say it’s better than Singapore’s Underwater World. Then we went for the boat ride and we went for the 4-D show.

Boat Ride

4-D Show


After that, went to Siam Center and MBK. Shopped a bit here and there before head back to hotel to rest. Dinner at Central and went back to pack.


Dinner at Central


Day 4:

Checked out early in the morning and left our luggage with the hotel staff. Ventured out to search for breakfast. Wanted to have A&W for breakfast but it was still closed when we reached there. So had breakfast at a restaurant next to it.

Shopped at Platinum Shopping Center and we really bought a lot of clothing. Spent the most at this place. After some major shopping, head back to hotel to wait for our transfer. Dinner at Airport before heading back to Singapore!!

Home Sweet Home!

But hor! I MISS THAILAND!!!!!

3) Exams

I passed my exams! Thank goodness! Can proceed to next semester.

4) Irritating Bug

Office has a new bug! And I really don’t like it! Shall not mention the gender nor initial nor even nickname. Ok, maybe nickname and it shall be BUG!

5) Meet Ups

Shall be meeting my darlings on the Friday the 13th and my CW Yit Alumni on the 21st. Cant wait to see them.

6) Wedding

Shall be a bit busy with the preparation of my colleague’s wedding. My missions given by TAL are 1) lose weight (trying very hard now, Dear was a bit jealous that I finally decided to lose because TAL asked me to do so.), 2) brooch making, 3) sister in the morning on the wedding day (have to start thinking of all possible ideas to sabo Uncle Lim) and finally MC for the wedding dinner.

7) Clubbing

Clubbing the my colleague tonight!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories